Monday, August 8, 2011

Should I fear this black bear?

This is kinda funny, but not. I live in the middle of the woods, but there are really not any kind of dangerous animals around here. Today, we got a call that there's a 300 pound black bear running around in our back yard in the middle of the day, which is very strange. Should I go about my business and go where I need to go today or stay in the house and hope he goes away soon? I'd do it tomorrow, but I'm pretty much about to go into labor any day, so my stuff has to get done when I know I have a minute! Yeah, I probably sound stupid, but I'm from a Philly suburb, and this is the first time since I've lived in the woods that this has been an issue. Is there anything you can do to deter a black bear or should I just not take my chances? Just for all the activists, I know I live in the woods, and I am in their habitat and I am NOT complaining that the bear is here. I just don't want to be attacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment